db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Arthur Blake <arthur.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject SQLTransientConnectionException with BLOB reads
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 03:27:15 GMT
Hello, I have been using Apache Derby 10.2.2.0 for a few months, and it
has been working quite well for me.

I upgrade to 10.3.1.4 just after the release came out, and I have been
testing it out with my application.

It seems to work fine, except when I read some BLOB fields from the
database, this Exception is thrown:

java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException: No current connection.
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkIfClosed(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedBlob.checkValidity(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedBlob.getBytes(Unknown Source)

If I downgrade back to 10.2.2.0, these Exceptions go away.

Note, in each test, I completely recreate the DB from scratch.

That is, the DB I'm testing on 10.2.2.0 was generated with the 10.2.2.0
Derby distribution and the DB I'm testing on 10.3.1.4 was generated with
the 10.3.1.4 distribution, but everything else (non-Derby-wise) is
equal, including the data that is stored in the DB.

Any ideas?
Thank You
Arthur Blake