db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Javier Fonseca V." <fonsecajav...@gmail.com>
Subject DDL in Trigger Procedure
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 06:36:32 GMT
Hello.  I'm trying to do a trigger that fires after an INSERT INTO a table.

This trigger will call a Java procedure that performs some operations in the
Database ... and then decide to CREATE TABLE according to a sequence for
later local replication purposes.

But I can't make it work.  It's failing in the CREATE TABLE step.  It looks
like DDL is not supported in Derby Triggers, even if they are in a stored
procedure.  If I call the procedure manually with some test values, it
works.  But I need it to work it triggered in Derby.  I already did it in
PostgreSQL (master DB) and I don't know why Derby doesn't allow me to do the
same.

Thanks for your replies,

Javier Fonseca
Barranquilla, Colombia