db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: DatabaseMetaData.searchStringEscape
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:46:41 GMT
Yes, you're right, identifierQuoteString doesn't make sense in this
case.  I thought you were trying to quote the entire identifier.

I don't have an answer for you though, sorry!

David

On 8/4/07, Geoff hendrey <geoff_hendrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On the advice I got back from my last email, I tried to use getIdentfierQuoteString (which
returns ").

> So I tried escaping the undescore like this:
> m.getColumns(null, null, tableName,  "%\"_\"XXX"); //find columns ending in _XXX
>
> but that doesn't work, nor does is really seem to make any sense. I really need the searchEscapeString.
Without it, how can anyone use getColumns? It's *very* common for table names to have an underscore,
but unless I can escape the underscore, it will be treated as a wildcard for any single character.