db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject DBMD.getTables() not handling quoted table names correctly?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:35:18 GMT
HI, all

I am testing quoting identifiers in NB, and I am using
DatabaseMetaData to see if a table exists.

I create a table called test.  In SquirrelSQL I see that it is called
TEST because Derby auto-upper-cased it, as expected.

Then I run DatabaesMetaData.getTables(null, null, "test", null);

and it returns no rows.

If create a table, *with quotes*, called 'quotedTable'.

and then call DatabaseMetadata.getTables(null, null, "quotedTable", null);

this returns a row, with the table name as 'quotedTable'.

Shouldn't DBMD auto-upper-case the identifier just like regular SQL?

View raw message