db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daria Titova <Daria.Tit...@Sun.COM>
Subject Derby 10.3.1.4 building problem
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:59:22 GMT
Hi guys,

I've tried to build Derby 10.3.1.4 from source.
I downloaded Derby source from
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html and did all preparation
steps from building.txt files, but I had problems building Derby. There
were a lot of compilation errors while compiling files from
${derby.source}/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/types directory:
    [javac]
C:\db-derby-10.3.1.4-src\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java:611
: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class XNodeSet
    [javac] location: class org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SqlXmlUtil
    [javac]             else if (!(xOb instanceof XNodeSet))
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac]
C:\db-derby-10.3.1.4-src\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java:625
: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class XNodeSet
    [javac] location: class org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SqlXmlUtil
    [javac]         if (!(xOb instanceof XNodeSet))
    [javac]                              ^                              ^

As far as I understand these errors occur because the compiler does not
find Xalan library. And Xalan library is not mentioned in buildilng.txt
at all. Just adding Xalan library to the ${derby.source}/tools/java
directory does not fix compilation problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

Build environment:
OS: WindowsXP
jdk1.5.0_11