db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 10.2 beta to 10.3.1.4 official relaease
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:16:05 GMT
Jitesh Mehta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Database created using the 10.2.1000000.430903 release of Derby.
>
> I would like to fully upgrade this database to the latest derby official
> release 10.3.1.4.
>
> When i boot the database with upgrade=true following exception is thrown:
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Database at
> F:\freshCheckOut\butterfly\installer\samples\picApp\tests\picApp_test_db is
> at version 10.2 beta. Beta databases cannot be upgraded,
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown
> Source)... 34 more
>
> Is there anyway this upgrade from this beta release ?

Hello,

Please take a backup of you database before you try to upgrade!
(and maybe read the release notes in case something affects your
application)

You have to specify derby.database.allowPreReleaseUpgrade=true to be
able to upgrade from beta releases.

I'm a bit unsure what kind of guarantees you have that everything will
work, but I am not aware of anything that for sure will make it fail.

Let us know how it works out :)

regards,
--
Kristian