db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mark Thornton <mthorn...@optrak.co.uk>
Subject Re: default (0)
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:21:28 GMT
Dag H. Anvil's wrote:
> Mark Thornton <mthornton@optrak.co.uk> writes:
>

>> The Derby documentation (10.3
>> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/ref/rrefsqlj30540.html#rrefsqlj30540)
>> has this
>> [ [ WITH ] DEFAULT { ConstantExpression | NULL }
>>
>> Which indicates that something more than just a literal is
>> accepted. So perhaps that documentation should be updated.
>>

> Yes, you are right. I checked the Derby grammar, and it *is* more
> restrictive.
>
> Thanks for spotting this!
>
> Regards,
> Dag

"ConstantExpression is an expression that does not refer to any table.
It can include constants, date-time special registers, current schemas,
users, and null."

Any idea what date-time special registers means here? Is there something
I can use to insert the current timestamp using a default clause?

Thanks,
Mark Thornton