db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: IJ out of memory
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:41:37 GMT
Williamson, Nick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when trying to create a
> large schema (500+ tables, lots of constraints). Is there anything I can
> do about it (perhaps by allocating more memory to IJ) or is it a bug?

Hello Nick,

You say nothing about configuration, so I'm assuming it is as per default.

Is it possible for you to run with Java SE 6 and post the stack trace
when the OOME happens?
Do you already have some stack traces?
Are you using the embedded or the client driver?
(btw, please also check derby.log for stack traces / error messages)
During which statement does it happen?

I can't say that it is not a bug, and your use case sounds a bit special
and is probably not that well tested.

If you provide some more information, we'll try to help you :)

regards,
--
Kristian