db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Migrating a MySQL Database to Apache Derby
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:02:43 GMT
Bryan Richardson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can migrate a MySQL database to Apache Derby?
>  Can ij do this?  If so, is there a tutorial?  If not, is there still
> a way?
>
> Thanks in advance! -- BTR

Depending on your mysql release and what you specifically need to do,
ddlutils might be an easy way to do this.

A derby tutorial is here:
   http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/db_ddlutils.html

Info about ddlutils support for mysql is here:
   http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/mysql.html

The Derby tutorial walks through building ddlutils, but that's no longer
necessary because you can now download the ddlutils release:

   http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/download.html

I'll try to update the derby tutorial soon to use the ddlutils download
instead of build it.

regards,

 -jean