db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Problem with default date values
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:52:29 GMT
> I tried the 10.3.1.4 release, and my test case if failing before I get
> to the other error.  It's failing on this call:
>
> tableRS = conn.getMetaData().getTables(getCatalogName(),
> getSchemaName(), null, new String[]{"TABLE", "GLOBAL TEMPORARY", "LOCAL
> TEMPORARY", "ALIAS", "SYNONYM"});
>
> with this stack trace:
> java.sql.SQLException: The parameter position '8' is out of range.  The
> number of parameters for this prepared  statement is '7'.

Urk. This sounds really bad. It seems like a variant of

But I believe the developers thought that DERBY-2976 would only happen
with databases that were upgraded to 10.3.1.2, though, not with 10.3.1.4.

Can you post this problem to the derby-dev@db.apache.org (as a separate,
new problem), and see what sort of help you can get for it there?

thanks,

bryan