db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Problem with default date values
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:16:42 GMT
> Does setting the default value for the other columns kick in that bug?

No, I didn't think so. DERBY-2371 specifically involved a problem when
there were a non-zero number of non-null values in the table at the time
of the ALTER TABLE command.

Also, I tried your complete set of commands against the current trunk
and did not see the error.

Can you post the full stack trace (from derby.log) of the problem you're seeing?

> I'll try the latest code to see if that helps.  Are there nightly builds
> available, or do I have to build it myself?

For Derby 10.3, there is a release candidate available, and the
complete release should be available very soon. Get the candidate here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

You have to build the trunk yourself, but it's not hard. Full instructions
are available at the web site. If you encounter problems, people
on the derby-dev list will be glad to help you. Start here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/dev/derby_source.html

thanks,

bryan