db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Example using SQLXML
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:55:35 GMT
> Can I conclude that since I got an error message that says it (SQLXML) is
> not implemented, that this is truly the case?

I believe that is correct. Army posted on this earlier in this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=11652905&framed=y, pointing
to http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqljtypexml.html
where it says

   Because none of the JDBC-side support for SQL/XML is implemented in
   Derby, it is not possible to bind directly into an XML value or to
   retrieve an XML value directly from a result set using JDBC. Instead,
   you must bind and retrieve the XML data as Java strings or character
   streams by explicitly specifying the appropriate XML operators,
   XMLPARSE and XMLSERIALIZE, as part of your SQL queries.

thanks,

bryan