db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: lock escalation and deadlocks
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:33:32 GMT
> Oh, and one more observation. The IX table lock for the insert thread
> mentions LOCKCOUNT=476. I can only infer the meaning of the column (so
> this might perfectly normal), but the number of row locks of that
> connection is about 150 (it could not exceed 200, the number of
> inserts I do per transaction).

It sounds like the insert thread is doing more work than you expect
it to be doing. You could investigate this using the logStatementText
property to figure out what actual SQL is getting executed for each
transaction in your application:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tuning/rtunproper43517.html

thanks,

bryan