db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Lindsay Holman" <lindsay.hol...@friendsprovident.co.uk>
Subject Problem with Webstart deployment
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:30:16 GMT
Hi all,

I hope I have sent this to the appropriate place.

I am developing a webstart application which incorporates an embedded
Derby DB.

I am having a problem however trying to lookup resources,
specifically, the getInputStream() method on CPFile.

Running the app against the same DB (deployed as a jar) outside of
webstart works fine.

To add to the confusion, the particular .dat file being loaded does
load successfully sometimes, but not at other times.

Debugging, I can see CPFile get's the JNLP class loader, and calls
getResourceAsStream, passing the path to the required data file (in my
case QDB/seg0/c49b1.dat).  This simply returns null, resulting in the
method eventually raising a FileNotFoundException, which appears in
the Derby log.  Interestingly, it is always at the same spot that this
method fails.  The same class loader is definitely being referenced by
the successful and unsuccessful attempts at loading this resource.

Has anyone come across anything like this?  I know it sounds like a
JNLPClassLoader issue, but I thought someone here may have seen
something similar.

Regards

Lindsay Holman

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This e-mail is
intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

The Friends Provident group of companies includes these Friends Provident plc subsidiary companies:

Friends Provident Life and Pensions Limited. Registered number 4096141.
Friends Provident Life Assurance Limited. Registered number 782698.
Friends Provident Pensions Limited. Registered number 475201.
Friends Provident Marketing Limited. Registered number 5059179.

Each of the above subsidiary companies is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.

Friends Provident Management Services Limited. Registered number 983330

The ultimate holding company is Friends Provident plc. Registered number 4113107.

All are incorporated companies limited by shares and registered in England.
Registered and Head Office: Pixham End, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1QA.

www.friendsprovident.com