db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject DatabaseMetaData.searchStringEscape
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 02:39:57 GMT
On the advice I got back from my last email, I tried to use getIdentfierQuoteString (which
returns ").

So I tried escaping the undescore like this:
m.getColumns(null, null, tableName,  "%\"_\"XXX"); //find columns ending in _XXX

but that doesn't work, nor does is really seem to make any sense. I really need the searchEscapeString.
Without it, how can anyone use getColumns? It's *very* common for table names to have an underscore,
but unless I can escape the underscore, it will be treated as a wildcard for any single character.

I must be missing something.

-geoff