db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jitesh Mehta <jitesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 10.2 beta to 10.3.1.4 official relaease
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:05:07 GMT

Thanks Kristian for your quick response.

I forgot to mention that I have specified the system property
"derby.database.allowPreReleaseUpgrade=true" and it did not help.

Also my understanding was that this system property is used to upgrade *to*
a beta release. Is this also
used to update *from* a beta release? In any case it did not work.

Also jaded the class "org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.class"
[had to do this as the published sources does not seem to match the class]
and found this piece of code in method

private long readControlFile(StorageFile logControlFileName, Properties
startParams)// this is were exception was originating from.

 if(onDiskBeta && (!jbmsVersion.isBeta() || onDiskMajorVersion !=
jbmsVersion.getMajorVersion() || onDiskMinorVersion !=
jbmsVersion.getMinorVersion()))
                {
                    boolean flag1 = true;
                    if(!flag1)
                        throw StandardException.newException("XSLAP.D",
dataDirectory, ProductVersionHolder.simpleVersionString(onDiskMajorVersion,
onDiskMinorVersion, onDiskBeta));
                }

Looking at this it appears always an  exception is thrown when one upgrades
from a beta release to an official release.

In my case onDiskBeta= true and  jbmsVersion.isBeta() is false as i am
installing the official release...

I am not sure if my understanding is correct. Any work around would be very
helpful.

Thanks..
Jitesh