db-derby-user mailing list archives

From baiguai <cent1p...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using Functions to Return ResultSets
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:57:15 GMT

I have done a search on this, but didn't see anything - if I have overlooked
a post, my apologies.

I am trying to create a reusable function that would allow me to send in a
derby query, and get a resultset back. This way I can cut down on a ton of
redundant code, but when I try to send the resultset back I get errors
because the connection is no longer open since it has left the function.

Is there a way to pass along a resultset without the need of creating
complex arrays or other tedious means of passing the data along?

Btw, I am very new to Java, so this may most likely be my lack of knowledge
in the language as opposed to a Derby thing. I work in C# for a living so I
am comfortable in Java, but am by no means savvy.

Thank you very much!!