db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Teja <t...@synapse.ws>
Subject Re: Embedded or Network Framework?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:24:47 GMT

Thanks Manjula, John and Bryan; Not very clear yet, but in my situation of a
web server( strictly, application server) and a java app (actually a media
server app.. serves flash video files basically and lots of other
functionality)
both on the same machine (and hence only one JVM in its normal definition)
where java app loads the web server (web server is shutdown when java app
shuts down)
,  so in this situation, I think embedded framework will suffice (as long as
the java app 'load's the embedded driver before web server is loaded and
none of the web apps try to 'load' the derby embedded driver again.).
I think I should be able to simultaneously (from the java app and also from
any http requests to the web apps) be able to access/modify same database
(will be booted by java app once after the driver is loaded)
without any fears of data corruption..

If I burn my hands, I will then go back to the network server framework...
will let you know..

Thanks u all for ur time..