db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sieg <siegfr...@heintze.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Example using SQLXML
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 05:08:33 GMT

sieg wrote:

> I'm looking in
> db-derby-10.2.2.0-src\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\lang
> and the only file that begins with XML and has a java extension is
> xmlBinding.java.
>
> Are you looking at a differnt version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> siegfried
>
> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone point me to some sample code that works that demonstrates
>>> these
>>> features?

Found it! Thanks Bryan. While it has some interesting features of SQL, I did
a search for "SQLXML" and could not find it in this source code file. Does
it occur in your copy? I was hoping to find some same source code that
worked and demonstrated the new features of JDBC including SQLXML. SQLXML is
a new class in JDBC is it not? It must be because it compiles in my source
code.

Can I conclude that since I got an error message that says it (SQLXML) is
not implemented, that this is truly the case? I was assuming that the real
problem was that I did not have things configured correctly.

If SQLXML is truly not implemented (as the absence from your source code
suggests), them I am truly confused! This same source code I posted
previously I downloaded from the Denver Java User's Group site. I was at the
meeting where I saw (with my own eyes!) the SQLXML object work! How could
this be?

Thanks,
Siegfried