db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "John C. Turnbull" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject RE: Returning multiple rows from a procedure call
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:25:32 GMT
Further to this, I have looked at the method getArray() but it generates a
not supported exception.  I have also looked at using the JDBC type
JAVA_OBJECT and then using it as an array but I am unable to get past syntax
errors when declaring the procedure with an OUT parameter of that type - it
just doesn't seem to recognise JAVA_OBJECT or OTHER which I found in the
Derby reference manual.

Can anyone help me fetch multiple rows from a procedure call?

Thanks,

John

From: John C. Turnbull [mailto:ozemale@ozemail.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2007 11:08
To: 'Derby Discussion'
Subject: Returning multiple rows from a procedure call

I am a bit confused... I would like to have a procedure "return" multiple
rows but I can't see any way to achieve this as the only methods available
to process out parameters do not allow the specification of a row number.
So is it possible to have a Java method that invokes a procedure and then
process the multiple rows it generates?  If so how?

Thanks,

John C. Turnbull