db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Teja Palla" <t...@synapse.ws>
Subject Embedded or Network Framework?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:01:50 GMT
I am new to Derby and unable to figure out which framework suits my situation: Embedded or
NetworkServer framework.
I have a java application (which is a media server, sort of like flash media server, but written
all in java), for which I wish to use derby as its database. The app will have say stuff like
channels and channel schedules etc... very small database, just one database. Now, on the
same machine in the java application I also embed (load) a servlet container (winstone: http://winstone.sourceforge.net/).

Later on, I develop web applications where say users can look at the available channels and
schedules.. (so the web app needs database interaction).

So my question is, what framework needs to be used? will embedded framework suffice because
I see only one JVM here? Please advise..