Ivan,

If you decide to run your application from an USB drive, try to make sure it is *unmount'ed* (on Unix) or software-safely removed on Windows properly, to ensure all data has been flushed to the USB drive. I have seen file checksum/corruption issues occasionally where removing a drive right after completing writes on it...Maybe something you can test as part of your application and on the targeted platforms.

--francois