db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Multiple System Directories
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:30:29 GMT
Anestis Sismanidis <anestikas@gmail.com> writes:

> What I need is:
> Two totally different derby databases in totally different directories
> (one directory in the cdrom and the other in the user home
> directory). I need all that in the same JVM.
> The problem is that there is only one "derby.system.home" property per JVM.
> Is there anything I can do?

The database doesn't have to reside in derby.system.home. You can
specify the absolute path to the database in the connection url. E.g.

Note that a running Derby needs a temp directory and somewhere to log
errors. This cannot be on read-only media, so you need to specify
alternate locations. This is described in

"Creating and preparing the database for read-only use"

in the dev guide

View raw message