db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Pissarenko" <dmitri.pissare...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring derby (hard disk access frequency)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:59:43 GMT
Hello!

I have following problem: My application, which uses derby as database
runs fine on most machines.

However, when I try to run it on a machine with RAID1 system, it
becomes very slow during insertion of data into the database.

I am quite sure that the problem is with the hard disk, since CPU load
during this process is mostly around 2 % and memory consumption
doesn't grow either. Further, if I start this application from a USB
hard disk on the SAME machine, it works with good performance.

So the problem is with the hard disk.

I would like to know whether and how I can configure Derby so that it
accesses the hard disk less frequently.

I suppose that the application will work the quickly, the less
frequent Derby writes data to the hard disk.

Thanks in advance

Dmitri Pissarenko
--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Dmitri_Pissarenko