db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't access or create a db
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:09:57 GMT
On 7/21/07, Amir Michail <amichail@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure what happened, but now I can't access or create a db on my server:
>
> ERROR XJ041: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ041, SQLERRMC:
> Failed to create database 'testDB', see the next exception for
> details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0HDirectory /home/.../testDB cannot be created.
>
> If I copy the db to my laptop, then it works.
>
> Any ideas on how I could track down this problem?
>
> Amir

You probably already thought of it, but the only thing I can think of
off hand is write permissions on the server. Maybe the umask for the
server process' user has been changed? Or the write permission for  /
? Or maybe the server has been started from a different directory from
before (if /home/../testDB would not be where your database used to
be)?

HTH
Myrna