db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the derby project still active?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 04:43:06 GMT
On 7/5/07, Daniel Fitzgerald <fk852@ncf.ca> wrote:
> It has been quite a while since any new builds or enhancements have been
> done on this software. Is this project dead or in stasis? It has it's
> niche i.e. small footprint and can be packaged with your jars ( albeit
> cumbersome). I read a white-paper a while ago about performance but the
> problems didn't seem insurmountable and indeed, it alluded to possible
> solutions.
>
> Anyway, I downloaded it and tried it out; it seemed fine as an
> application data repository (in SQL) so I hope the project doesn't die
> on the vine. It doesn't seem like it even got a chance to get out into
> the public at large for a proper trial. Just my thoughts. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Derby! We're working on the 10.3
release, the goal is in roughly two weeks...
Check out the 10.3 release wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

Feel free to test out the beta version and report your findings...
Also, check out the usage of derby page for a free form list of
groups/products that claim to use derby:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby

Regards,
Myrna van Lunteren