db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Kasper, Kay" <kay.kas...@ckc.de>
Subject AW: Shutdown Network Server w/ auth enabled
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:38:07 GMT
hi Ole,

i have the same problem (derby version 10.2.2) and my opinion is, that the
server has stopped, but should not have done that. it should have rejected
the connection without a stop. But there is still the question "how to stop
the server correctly".

Kay

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ole Gunnar Borstad [mailto:olegunb@stud.ntnu.no]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2007 14:45
An: derby-user@db.apache.org
Betreff: Shutdown Network Server w/ auth enabled

Derby Developer's Guide states the following: "When Derby is running
in a connectivity server and user authentication is turned on,
stopping the server requires a user name and password. You will need
to alter shutdown scripts accordingly."

I don't seem to find a command or argument to shutdown the network
server when authentication is enabled in Derby...?

I did a simple java -jar derbynet.jar shutdown and the server prints
the following:

Derby shutdown warning:
  Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
Apache Derby Network Server - 10.4.0.0 alpha - (554547M) shutdown at
2007-07-25 12:31:08.948 GMT

So did the server shut down properly or not?

--------------------------
ckc ag
Sitz:
Industriestr. 10