db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any problems to run derby in USB drive ?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:03:27 GMT
Ivan,

If you decide to run your application from an USB drive, try to make sure it
is *unmount'ed* (on Unix) or software-safely removed on Windows properly, to
ensure all data has been flushed to the USB drive. I have seen file
checksum/corruption issues occasionally where removing a drive right after
completing writes on it...Maybe something you can test as part of your
application and on the targeted platforms.

--francois