db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Dohman <brdoh...@eiu.edu>
Subject Re: How delete rows in table with free disk space?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:51:02 GMT
possibly the size that is deleted is so small that it doesn't really show up in the disk space
description in the operating system.  how is it that you are checking disk space?

----- Original Message -----
From: Ekrame Ayari <ekrame.ayari@integragen.com>
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:08:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: How delete rows in table with free disk space?

Hi

I wish to remove table rows to allow user decrease space disk.

I try to delete table rows for free disk space with this code :

"Connect connect = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:GenoCensusMin2");
Statement stat = connect.createStatement();
stat.executeUpdate("DELETE FROM Project WHERE id="+idProjet);"

But disk space size of my system directory is the same before and after
the deletion.

Can you help me?

Sincerly

E'Krame Jacoby