db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Aakash Bordia" <bor...@gmail.com>
Subject how to trace the optimizer and derby in general?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:54:03 GMT
Hi, I am trying to generate an optimizer trace, with the following
properties:
derby.language.OptimizerTrace=true (not sure if its case sensitive)
derby.language.optimizerTrace=true
derby.language.optimizerTraceHtml=true

I see optimizerTrace and optimizerTraceHtml as members of the OptimizerImpl
class. But this does not seem to generate a stack trace for the optimizer.
The only thing I was able to get to work was:
derby.debug.true=DumpOptimizedTree //this only dumps the tree, but not the
tracing

How could I get the optimizer to trace itself in derby.log or some file?
(also derby in general).

Not sure if this is a question for derby-dev actually?

Thanks
Aakash