db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject ConnectionPoolDataSource - does it actually do pooling?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:25:14 GMT
I could check this out myself, but time is limited, and I thought
someone might have a quick answer.

On the Phobos (JavaScript in Glassfish) email list, the following
statement is made:

"in Apache Derby there is a regular data source class
(org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource) which does not pool
connections, but there's also a data source class with connection
pooling (org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientConnectionPoolDataSource). In the
preconfigured Phobos data sources we use the latter, so connection
pooling is on by default"

I thought ConnectionPoolDataSource *enabled* pooling but did not
actually *do* it.  Does it actually do connection pooling?

Thanks,

David