db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jørgen Løland <Jorgen.Lol...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Command history in ij
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:55:53 GMT
Jørgen Løland wrote:
> Raymond Kroeker wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>  I'm using Ubuntu linux and am wondering if there's a way to access
>> previous queries from a history; ie use up-arrow to load the most recent
>> query?
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>

> Unfortunately, you can't. This is a missing feature in ij, so changing
> operating system will not help either.
>
> I usually write sql statements in emacs, and then copy the text to ij.
> Tips: you can copy-paste many sql statements each time.

Raymond,

I forgot that you can run ij through emacs. I have this in my .emacs file:

(defun ij ()
   (interactive)
   (switch-to-buffer (make-comint "ij" "java" nil
                                  "-cp" (expand-file-name
"~/derby/trunk/classes")
                                  "org.apache.derby.tools.ij"))
   (setq comint-prompt-regexp "^ij>"))

M-x ij can then be used to start ij in emacs, and you can use M-p and
M-n to cycle through the input history.

--
Jørgen Løland