db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Example using SQLXML
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:24:47 GMT
sieg wrote:
> I found the following example below and saw the example work at our JUG
> meeting. However, I cannot make it work. I get an exception "feature not
> supported" when  createSQLXML.

As far as I know this error message is correct, i.e. support for the JDBC
java.sql.SQLXML type is not yet supported in Derby.  Current XML support for
Derby is limited the *SQL* layer only (i.e. to the SQL "XML" type).

See: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqljtypexml.html

So you can create columns of type XML and use them to insert/query XML data
within SQL, but you cannot currently "set" or "get" a java.sql.SQLXML object
directly.

Army