db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: how can i prevent statements from being cached?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:38:38 GMT
> Hi, I am trying to debug the statement over and over again, and would
> like it to be recompiled every time, on the same derby connection. Is
> there a property I could set, or some other setting? I tried looking at
> the docs but could not find anything quickly.

Assuming you're using IJ, or some other similar interactive tool, I've
been successful by tweaking the statement text slightly, in innocuous
ways. I think the statement cache searches on the exact text of the
statement, so you can just perturb that text slightly and get a re-compilation.

For example, try adding some spaces:
    select a,b,c from t;
    select a, b, c from   t;
    select a,  b,  c  from t;

Another thing you can do is to put in a simple expression:
    select a from t;
    select a+0 from t;
    select a+1-1 from t;
    select a+2-2 from t;