db-derby-user mailing list archives

From V.Naraya...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Any problems to run derby in USB drive ?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:27:37 GMT
Ivan Ooi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I wanted to deploy my App with Derby in USB drive but I'm not sure
> is there any restrictions or not ? or problems ?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I have tried copying the jre(for the operating system of the machine
into which you will plug in the USB drive),
derby.jar, derbytools.jar into a USB and tried to create a database,
create tables, insert data etc, and it worked
fine for me.

I noticed it was a bit slow, possible because it is doing IO to the USB
disk.

I used my creative muvo mp3 player which also doubles up as  USB.

I haven't tried any serious testing though.

I just did it as a casual exercise.

Narayanan