db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin wierdness
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 17:53:54 GMT
> Well, as I was installing Eclipse 3.3 I decided to only import the projects
> I'm actually working on and leave the other ones in the old workspace.
>
> None of the imported projects has anything to do with Derby, especially none
> has the Derby nature.
>
> I just created a new empty workspace, then created a new empty Java project
> in it.
>
> The Derby context menu again offers me to remove the Derby nature of the new
> project and to stop the (not running) network server ... :-(

Is there any chance that the Derby plugin jars got copied to some magic place
such as the "lib/ext" subdirectory of your JRE. That would cause them to
be found unexpectedly in the class path for all projects.

You could try using something like -verbose:class when running Eclipse, to
try to get some information on where the Derby classes are being loaded from,
or perhaps use a file-monitoring tool like the Sysinternals FileMon tool (on
Windows) to observe file access at the OS level.

thanks,

bryan