db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error opening the database
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:49:32 GMT
Hi Daniel -
You are correct that the error means the database is corrupt.
Recovering from back-up is the only option  at this point.

If by SMB you mean a Samba mounted disk then this is the source of your
problem.  Only disks local to the machine hosting the Derby engine can
be used without risking corruption.  Network mounted disks cannot be
relied upon.