db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Anestis Sismanidis <anesti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple System Directories
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:13:22 GMT
Anestis Sismanidis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a situation where I need two system directories, one in the
> current directory and the other in the user home directory.
>
> The one in the current directory will be located in a CDROM so it will
> be read-only but I also need another one in the home directory of the
> logged in user.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> If not, any suggestion is appreciated.

I guess by system directories you mean the database directory.  Is there
any reason for not defining this as two separate databases?  (e.g., do
you need to access tables in different directories in the same SQL
statement?

--
´┐Żystein

By system directory I mean the directory which is set to "derby.system.home" property.
e.g.

System.setProperty("derby.system.home", "some directory");

No I do not need to access the tables in different directories.

What I need is:

Two totally different derby databases in totally different directories
(one directory in the cdrom and the other in the user home directory).
I need all that in the same JVM.
The problem is that there is only one "derby.system.home" property per JVM.
Is there anything I can do?