db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Fitzgerald <fk...@ncf.ca>
Subject Is the derby project still active?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 03:53:42 GMT
It has been quite a while since any new builds or enhancements have been
done on this software. Is this project dead or in stasis? It has it's
niche i.e. small footprint and can be packaged with your jars ( albeit
cumbersome). I read a white-paper a while ago about performance but the
problems didn't seem insurmountable and indeed, it alluded to possible
solutions.

Anyway, I downloaded it and tried it out; it seemed fine as an
application data repository (in SQL) so I hope the project doesn't die
on the vine. It doesn't seem like it even got a chance to get out into
the public at large for a proper trial. Just my thoughts. Thank you.