db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Mike....@shell.com>
Subject Connection Refused - Database <db> Not Found
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:48:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Java, JSP, Eclipse, Derby and Tomcat but have a strong background in software development
so shouldn't be this stuck ...

I'm working through the Eclipse tutorial 'Creating Database Web Applications with Eclipse'.
 Here's a summary of my configuration:

JSP code for JSTL tags says:  <sql:setDataSource dataSource="jdbc/SampleDB">
context.xml has a Resource tag with name="jdbc/SampleDB" and url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/SAMPLE"
Data Source Explorer confirms that Derby contains a DB called SAMPLE.
SQL File Editor can connect to the SAMPLE DB and update it.

When I run my JSP page, I get the following error:  The connection was refused because the
database SAMPLE was not found.

Running Eclipse 3.3.0, Tomcat 6.0.13 and Derby 10.2.2 on JDK 1.6.0.
Appreciate any help you can give me.

Mike