db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ole Gunnar Borstad <oleg...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Shutdown Network Server w/ auth enabled
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:44:44 GMT
Derby Developer's Guide states the following: "When Derby is running
in a connectivity server and user authentication is turned on,
stopping the server requires a user name and password. You will need
to alter shutdown scripts accordingly."

I don't seem to find a command or argument to shutdown the network
server when authentication is enabled in Derby...?

I did a simple java -jar derbynet.jar shutdown and the server prints
the following:

Derby shutdown warning:
  Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
Apache Derby Network Server - 10.4.0.0 alpha - (554547M) shutdown at
2007-07-25 12:31:08.948 GMT

So did the server shut down properly or not?