db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Dohman <brdoh...@eiu.edu>
Subject Embedding the database in a java application
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:40:05 GMT
I have recently written a small client/server program in java.  I have the client connect to
the server and send information back and forth.  the server is on the same computer as the
derby database, and handles all the communication between the java code and the derby database,
ie: sql commands.  Currently i am starting derby from inside the netbeans ide but would like
to be able to have the java code start the database, so that I can just run the jar file w/out
having to do things from inside netbeans all of the time.  I have looked for a way to start
the database from java code but have been unsuccessful in finding it.  any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks