db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Ince" <si...@opendemand.com>
Subject Re: before update trigger
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 18:57:54 GMT
Brian,
    Thanx for your response. I will vote for it. I will definitely concider
joining the development effort.

    I was able to get the synatx correct. My next question is can you pass
in the new and old row into a procedure call.
I am geting syntax errors.
e.g.

CREATE PROCEDURE setIfServiceKeysOnUpdate(IN newRow ResultSet,
IN oldRow ResultSet)
PARAMETER STYLE JAVA CONTAINS SQL LANGUAGE JAVA EXTERNAL NAME
'org.opennms.database.derby.DerbyFunctions.setIfServiceKeysOnUpdate';

CREATE TRIGGER setIfServiceKeysOnUpdate1Trigger
NO CASCADE BEFORE
UPDATE ON outages
REFERENCING OLD AS OLD NEW AS NEW
FOR EACH ROW MODE DB2SQL
call setIfServiceKeysOnUpdate(NEW,OLD);

java method.
public static void setIfServiceKeysOnUpdate(ResultSet oldRow, ResultSet
newRow)
{
:
}