db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sieg <siegfr...@heintze.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Working example of JDBC4 Annotations.
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:52:07 GMT

Could you tell me more about javaDB? I did a google search and found
http://developers.sun.com/javadb/ and I see a download button.

Is it the same as the apache derby that I already downloaded and installed?

It also says "Now in Java 6". Since I have java 6 installed, do I have it
installed twice?

When I tried to figure out how to start the server process for Java DB (I
figured there must be a server process unlike Microsoft Access) I clicked on
the quick start link and discovered I'm back to apache derby which I already
have installed (quite seperately from Java 6) and running.

I'm confused.
Thanks,
Siegfried