I'm interested in that:
"fork a new process running ij".
I virtually know nothing about that topic.
Could you please give me some simple
"HelloWorld" example on that?

2007/6/14, Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Nielsen@sun.com>:
yarono,

If Tonys suggestion of looking at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij doesn't
give you what you need, then your last resort would probably be to fork
a new process running ij with a command script (that does what you do at
the ij prompt today) to do your db creation / shutdown. Check the
exitvalue and/or parse the output from the process to deduce success or
failure the create/shutdown steps.

Cheers,
Thomas

--