Hi all,

I'm migrating an Oracle schema to the Derby environment. In Oracle, all my FK constraints are defined as INITIALLY DEFERRED DEFERRABLE, which means that the validation checking isn't performed until commit time. If I have parent table "A" and child table "B", I can create a row in table B first, then create a row in table A (in the same transaction) and the commit will be successful. Derby doesn't support INITIALLY DEFERRED DEFERRABLE and the validation seems to be performed immediately by default. Is there a way to over-ride this behaviour and emulate what I had in my Oracle environment?

TIA
Nick