db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Saad_Khaw...@Countrywide.Com
Subject syntax for column names
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:04:30 GMT
Hi

I have a legacy DB2 table which has a special character like '#' in the
column name like ACCT#. I am using derby for in-memory unit testing. Derby
does not allow me to have a special character like '#' in the column name
in my create table statement.  Is there anyway to escape the special
character so that I can have special characters in column names.
I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Saad Khawaja
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this communication
is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient, and is the
property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of the information contained
in or transmitted with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately return this communication to the sender and delete the original message
and any copy of it in your possession.