db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Pannier" <steve.pann...@qlogic.com>
Subject Connection refused
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:28:18 GMT
Hi all.

I'm trying to access the network server using the network client driver.
I connect to my database from a remote client and keep getting the
connection refused error.  Even when I connect from the local system, I
get the error (in certain cases - see below).  I'm trying to figure out
if I'm using the wrong derby URL, or if this is caused by some sort of
network issue in my work environment.

My network server is running on port 10222.  From the same system, I use
setNetworkClientCP to set the classpath for my client.  When I run 'ij'
and connect to the database it works OK for the following:

connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:10222/<database>';
connect 'jdbc:derby://<hostname>:10222/<database>';

But it fails when I use:

connect 'jdbc:derby://10.20.30.40:10222/<database>'; (where
"10.20.30.40" is the ip address of localhost)

I am unable to connect successfully from a remote client running 'ij'.

Before I ask our IT guys here what might be causing this, I wanted to
make sure I'm using the correct URL in my connect command.  Has anyone
seen this behavior before?  Can anyone confirm that I'm using the
correct URL?

Thanks!

Steve