db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject User/password encryption and deployment
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:14:36 GMT
Let's say I want to deploy my application client with Java DB to 1000
different client machines.

If I understand things correctly, if you want to use encrypted
user/password, you have to install the IBM JCE on each of these client
machines and also go in and modify the java.security file in the
lib/security directory of your JRE (see
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/tadminapps811695.html)

This doesn't seem reasonable/feasible for large deployments, or am I
missing something?

Also, the page doesn't tell you where to get the IBM JCE, except "IBM
Developer Kit for the Java Platform 1.4 or later comes with IBM JCE".
Hm.

Thanks,

David