db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Elliotte Harold" <erhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby, JUnit, Ant and fork
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:24:21 GMT
My tests pass when run in Eclipse. However, when I run them in Ant I see
errors like this:

Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database C:\Documents
and Settings\eharold\workspace\foo\build\CentralConfig.db.

ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database
C:\Documents and Settings\eharold\workspace\foo\build\CentralConfig.db.

Apparently one VM is creating the DB, but not unlocking it before the next
VM tries to read from it.

Surprisingly changing from <junit fork="yes"> to <junit fork="no"> does not
seem to fix this.

Any suggestions? Is there anything short of setting up a network server that
will allow my unit tests to access the same database?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
erharold@gmail.com